Summary of Changes:
1) New Streamlined Permit Fees
Review our new streamlined permit fee schedule - effective Jan 1, 2022. 2) New Online Permitting System
We are currently implementing a new permitting software system, BS&A. During this initial phase of implementation, we are enabling the following simple permits to be applied for, tracked, paid for and inspection requested online
- Air Conditioner
- Radon Mitigation
- Sewer Repair
- Water Heater
- Window Replacement
At this time, all other permits will be serviced via our traditional methods.
Please note that contractors must register for a BS&A Online Account to utilize the online capabilities.
- Creating an account is quick and easy – to create an account click here.
- Once you are registered as a contractor you can apply for and access multiple permits under that one account.
- Already have an account with BS&A? Go ahead and login! You can utilize the same account in any other community that uses BS&A – there is no need to create separate accounts for each municipality. Simply ask us for the Web PIN to link your current account to our records.
- Check out the Contractor Learning Center for more information and tutorials.
3) Simple Contractor Registration
The contractor registration fee is now a flat $75 per trade (with the exception of those who hold State of Illinois licenses).
- Registration renewal. All current contractor registrations will expire on Dec. 31st. The Village is now accepting renewals for the 2022 registration year.
- Forms and fees. Please complete the Contractor Registration Application and return it along with all applicable licenses and fees. Registrations must include all of the requirements be considered complete. The Village will not process incomplete Registration Applications.
- Accepted payment methods are cash, check, or credit card (except AmEx); however, there is an additional processing fee for credit card payments.
- Required Licenses.
- The following State licensed contractors must provide a copy of the current State of Illinois license: Alarm, Elevator, Fire Suppression, Irrigation, Plumbing, Radon, and Roof. There is no registration fee for state licensed contractors.
- Plumbing: Plumbing contractors must provide a copy of their current State of Illinois (058-) or City of Chicago license and their State of Illinois Plumbing Contractor Registration (055-).
- Electrical: Electrical contractors must provide a copy of their current electrical registration/license. The Village honors registrations of any Illinois municipalities that requires a written exam prior to the issuance of the license/registration.
- Registration forms, licenses, and checks can be:
Project guidelines, applications, and more can be accessed at www.vbg.org/bzdownloads